Annelie is the operations director of OAK Law, heading up the Executor, Deceased Estates, Last Will and Testament department.
Annelie furthermore assists with Mediation and Dispute Resolution matters.
Annelie gained vast experience in her roles as both external and in-house counsel.
- Legal advice pertaining to a Last Will and Testament
- Drafting and/or amending of a Last Will and Testament
- Executor services and/or assistance to appointed Executor/s
- Attendances to the Master of the High Court and, if relevant, the South African Revenue Service
- Negotiating matters of a corporate and/or commercial nature;
- Mediation: as a representative mediator on the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa’s panel, Annelie assists in mediating corporate and commercial disputes in order to achieve a positive outcome for all parties involved;
- Legal agreements and compliance;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Annelie completed her legal and financial studies at the North-West University (Potchefstroom) from 2001 to 2005. During this time, Annelie obtained her LLB (Bachelor of Laws) and BCom degrees (majoring in accounting and tax). She later completed Law School at the University of Pretoria during 2006.
After completing her articles of clerkship in 2006 and being admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 2007, Annelie joined a well-known law firm based in Pretoria and gained vast experience in a wide variety of legal matters. She was subsequently offered a position as senior legal advisor and commercial manager in the telecommunications sector, a position she accepted.
In this role, Annelie focused her skills and expertise on commercial law and gained invaluable experience assisting clients in the corporate environment, acting as representative in negotiating and structuring many transactional, structural and other corporate and commercial arrangements, and assisting with litigation matters, trademark matters and general legal opinions.
Annelie also serves as a representative of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa, acting as an official mediator in resolving corporate and commercial disputes.
Annelie Joined OAK LAW in 2014 where she assisted clients with a variety of legal matters, including, but not limited to, commercial agreements, mediation, alternative dispute resolution, executorship and Last Will and Testaments.
Annelie is a social person and enjoys spending time with family and friends. She enjoys being outdoors and is keen on cultural activities. She is a proud and devoted mother.
“The end of the matter is: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the full, original purpose of His creation, the root of character and the whole duty for every man”. (Ecclesiastes 12:13)