The introduction of the King Codes on Corporate Governance, the 2008 Companies Act and various other regulations has placed a renewed emphasis on the importance of corporate governance and statutory compliance.
At OAK Law we realise that compliance and governance present significant challenges, requiring specialist knowledge and expertise which often comes at exorbitant costs. In this light, OAK Law has tailored both retainer and once-off service offerings, allowing each client to select a service solution that meets its needs and which is “price right” for its business.
Our intricate knowledge of the Companies Act and other regulatory legislation enables us to provide our clients with a “one stop shop” in respect of corporate governance and statutory compliance. As part of our service offering we will perform an initial “health check”, identifying shortcomings in your company’s compliance and presenting solutions to rectify those shortcomings.
Our corporate governance and company secretarial service offering includes:
- completing and filing annual returns
- converting close corporations to companies
- drafting and structuring MOI, shareholder agreements, association agreements
- drafting and filing resolutions
- maintaining share registers
- drafting and circulating demands for and notices of board, member and shareholder meetings
- advising on legal requirement related to corporate actions
- company registration and de-registration
- converting private companies to public companies and vice versa
- establishment and maintenance of statutory records
- minuting board, member and shareholder meetings
- drafting and submitting companies and intellectual property commission (CIPC) notices and amendments