- negotiating matters of a corporate and/or commercial nature;
- mediation: as a representative mediator on the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa’s panel, Annelie assists in mediating corporate and commercial disputes in order to achieve a positive outcome for all parties involved;
- transactional arrangements such as M&A, joint ventures, partnerships and B-BBEE structures;
- general arrangements such as terms and conditions of sale, lease agreements, credit applications, loan agreements and other commercial agreements;
- investigations such as legal due diligence investigations and corporate compliance audits; and
- legal agreements and compliance in the telecommunications arena; and
- litigation, including commercial litigation.
Annelie completed her legal and financial studies at the North-West University (Potchefstroom) from 2001 to 2005. During this time, Annelie obtained her LLB (Bachelor of Laws) and BCom degrees (majoring in accounting and tax). She later completed Law School at the University of Pretoria during 2006.
After completing her articles of clerkship in 2006 and being admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 2007, Annelie joined a well-known law firm based in Pretoria and gained vast experience in a wide variety of legal matters. She was subsequently offered a position as senior legal advisor and commercial manager in the telecommunications sector, a position she accepted.
In this role, Annelie focused her skills and expertise on commercial law and gained invaluable experience assisting clients in the corporate environment, acting as representative in negotiating and structuring many transactional, structural and other corporate and commercial arrangements, and assisting with litigation matters, trademark matters and general legal opinions.
Annelie also serves as a representative of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa, acting as an official mediator in resolving corporate and commercial disputes.
Annelie is a very social person and enjoys spending time with family and friends. She is keen on cultural activities such as theatre and also enjoys being outdoors. She is the proud mother of three sons.
“The end of the matter is: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the full, original purpose of His creation, the root of character and the whole duty for every man”. (Ecclesiastes 12:13)