Lané forms part of the corporate commercial department as well as the property and conveyancing department of OAK Law. Her experience includes:
- Company secretarial services including company registration and amendments, filing of annual returns, issuing of share certificates and maintaining share registered, drafting of meeting notices, agendas and minutes;
- Drafting of commercial agreements including Share Sale Agreements, Share Subscription Agreements and Asset Sale Agreements;
- Company restructuring agreements including the drafting of unique Memorandums of Incorporation and Shareholders Agreements;
- General trademark administrative matters;
- Legal research;
- Fiduciary trustee services including drafting, registering and amending trust deeds;
- Drafting of last will and testaments;
- General conveyancing practise.
Lané has a B.A. Law degree from the North West University, Potchefstroom, as well as a B.Com HR degree from the North West University, Vaal Triangle. Lané completed her LLB degree at the University of South Africa in 2017 and was admitted as an attorney in the High Court of South Africa in 2019. She also completed the trade mark group 1 examinations at the South African Institute of Intellectual Property (SAIIPL) in 2019 and 2020.
While completing her second degree, Lané worked for a small law firm in the Vaal triangle as legal secretary and gained experience in administration of late estates. Lané joined OAK Law in 2015 and gained experience in company secretarial services, trust and estate administration, commercial law, intellectual property law and conveyancing.
Lané enjoys all kinds of art such as dancing and painting. She also loves spending time outdoors and experiencing new adrenaline filled adventures.
“In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.” – Matthew 7:12